With financial stress at an all-time high, it’s good to know that there are plenty of ways to prepare that cost zero dollars. For example…
- Take care of your health. Both exercise (walking, calisthenics, etc) and the food you eat (buy a bag of lentils or bean instead of a steak, fruit and vegies instead of processed crap) are free-ish ways to improve your health.
- Study a myriad of survival skills (free ebooks online from the library, YouTube videos, etc) all for free.
- Talk to people and make new friends. Social skills are a very underrated survival skill.
- Observe. Observe people in public, observe things around your neighborhood, observe the seasonal changes in your area, observe possible wild food and water sources, etc.
- Become a maker. What can you create out of used clothing, old electronic items, broken furniture, etc?