2024 promises to be a shit show of epic proportions. Things really aren’t looking good, so in the interest of all of our well-being, it just makes sense to be prepared for the following scenarios…
- A massive cyber attack. Cyber attacks have been a threat since the dawn of the internet, however now that our entire lives rely on the web, these types of attacks take on more critical importance. How does your life currently rely on cyber infrastructure and how can you prepare for the possibility of the whole thing collapsing?
- The 2024 presidential election. I reiterate the shit show nature of this upcoming event. I’m not a fan of Trump, and am even less of a fan of Biden, but the maneuvering which has already started is indeed terrifying (example here and here. And this is only the beginning).
- A financial meltdown. This could happen in so many ways–from a stock market collapse to massive bank collapses to a housing collapse to, on an individual level, the loss of a person’s job (which can lead to hunger, homelessness, etc). Get your money issues sorted immediately.
- Weather-related disasters. While the media has been pushing the perils of climate change for years, the fact is, weather disasters have been with us for millennia. Hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, snow and ice storms…if there is the possibility of a weather disaster in your area, it just makes sense to be prepared for it ahead of time.
- Power grid collapse. The power grid can, and has, collapsed in a variety of ways, for a variety of reasons, over the years (examples here, here, and here) so again, it just makes sense to be prepared ahead of time.
- The government banning this, that, and the other thing. Currently our government looks like it would be more than happy to ban guns, cash, and in some cases, private property ownership. It will only get worse from here. And if you think that sort of thing can’t happen here, it can (examples here, here, and here).
- The media (mainstream media, social media, alternative media, et al) being used to manipulate, distort, and out-right fabricate news, information, and events in order to control the masses (more info here, here, and here).
- AI. Artificial intelligence can be…frightening, to say the least. If it can be used to make the Queen dance, imagine what else it can do.
- The collapse of the general fabric of society. There are many things we just assume will always be there but as the past few years have shown us, this may not always be the case. Teachers are fleeing the education system in droves, the medical system is collapsing as I type this, and citizens’ trust in societal institutions is at an all-time low.
- Americans are, in general, “fat, sick, and nearly dead” to quote the title of an interesting documentary movie. 30% of Americans are overweight or obese, 66% of Americans take prescription medications, suicide rates have hit an all-time high, and 77% of young people can’t qualify for military service.